A theatre in paradise
My boyfriend and I have been dating now a little over 7 months and throughout the course of the relationship we really haven’t come across too many important issues. We have similar tastes in movies, music and liquor. We have a common love of Austin as well as a passion to travel. We can talk for hours about nothing and do nothing for hours. But as our union hit that half year mark it seemed as if the anxiety within this relationship went from ground zero to the ozone layer. Everything was so perfect, drama free and fun but now it seems like twice a week were having night long “serious” conversations. In the scheme of things most of the topics were stuff we already had in the relationship that we were okay with. Why the change? Was it too easy? Was the drama free, too drama free?
While growing up life has taught us that being “taken” consists of several ups and downs, more so than a typical roller coaster. Its as if we must engage in so many battles in act 2 before the happily ever after can begin in act 3. That without struggles and disagreements then the partnership is false. So why is it when were in a seemingly perfect relationship do we search for flaws? Do we need drama to make a relationship work?
Someone told me today that I have put on weight…that I look fatter….even after all my hard work…I don’t want to eat anymore.
So it has been done.. Letter number one has been opened. I opened my first letter just the other night while I was feeling super shitty. The top of the letter said “Open when…You’re feeling ugly.” Well sure enough it happened. Not a shocker really because I always feel this way at least once a month. Fortunately for me I had a letter this time to open. Which I did. Now to follow up on this letter which my boyfriend did an amazing job making me feel just that much more better than I would have sitting at home moping and wallowing in my own misery. Anyhoozeers onto my letter. I must buy something guilty for myself which I did. I went out and bought the cutest pair of red bobs ( Toms Knockoffs). Lastly I had to name 20 things I like about myself. soooo….
20. I like dogs probably more than people.
19. Even though I think my fear is totally irrational and inconvenient I love the uniqueness I hold being afraid of balloons.
18. I have a keen sense of depicting when people are feeling down. Once I confront them I do whatever I am capable of to make them feel better.
17. No fashion is too outlandish for me….I have done a lot in the out there department.
16. I’m naturally a feisty person but I keep that subsided until people get to know me and then I can tear them a new one.
15. Im fiercly loyal.
14. Im one of the most thoughtful people I believe some people will ever meet. My heart gives for far too many.
13. Scooby Doo is my favorite cartoon.
12. I don’t have an addictive personality.
11. I love to travel and explore the unknown to me.
10. I get thrilled to try new things even though 5 years ago me hated it and refused to do so.
9. I can shoot whatever alcohol I want.
8. Im emotional…Sounds crazy but yes I do enjoy being emotional because you can connect with people in such a unique way when you’re willing to open up.
7. For the most part I love my hair.
6. I’m very good at pushing my limits and I get a sick sense of pushing myself to the edge.
5. I’m open to very crazy ideas…supernatural, aliens or spiritual etc
4. I have a great sense of humor.
3. My first instinct is to treat everyone with compassion no matter their race, gender or preference.
2. I’m madly in love with my boyfriend.
1. I have a small group of close friends which includes my bf emily, my boyfriend, my sister and my mother and I love them and wouldn’t change it for the world.
Now to start these next few blogs out I need to begin with a little back track. A couple days before christmas my boyfriend gave me the most romantic gift a girl can only dream of receiving. He gave me a handful of letters he handwritten for future moments i will come across i the near future. If you have ever seen p.s. i love you then you will understand because its relatively similar to that only my boyfriend is not amongst the deceased. I have a set of rules I have to follow for these letters. Rule numero uno I can only open the letters when I feel the emotion written on top of the card. Rule number two I must follow any instructions written on the inside of said letters. Then finally rule number 3 I can only open the letters alone. Now that being said I haven’t opened any letters yet. Not that I don’t want to, its actually very much the opposite. Im very ansy about tearing into those letters. Im dying to see whats in store for me. Only thing is I have never had anyone do something so romantic for me and I don’t want to speed through them and then those moments be gone forever. I relish knowing that those moments are coming sooner hopefully rather than later but I don want to wait until its the most opportune moment for said letters. Moreover I may be waiting awhile in between letters. Very exciting.